Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Planetstrike between painting sessions

I'm getting closer to the finish line. I was on a posting spree last month and then went a little quiet. I have been buckling down to get the Golden throne done. I did get in good games of Planetstrike on last Friday and the Friday before that. Thomas and I bumped the point total up to 1750 and each took a turn as the attacker. I don't know if he needs a new Necron codex or I'm getting better with Tyranids but I won both games. I'm pretty sure it's a new Necron codex though.


I tried the Doom of Malan'Tai in both games and it was hit and miss. In the first game I was defending and the Doom really did a number on Tom's force. Then in the second game where I was the attacker the Doom was sniped by a monolith blast. Taking a battle cannon hit to the face really hindered the things that the Doom was going to do that game, and can we really call tha sniping? I'm still out on this one though. The Elite slots in the army list are very competitive and I'm split now between the Doom and the Leaper. More games and time will tell. The Doom has such an obvious effect compared to the Deathleaper that it's hard to see why you wouldn't take the Doom. Oh well.

As far as planetstrike is concerned I know what stratagem I'll be taking as the attacker from now on. The Phase Generator that attacks the unit in the building was devastating. I rolled an 11 and wiped out an entire unit of warriors with a Trygon that deep struck on turn one. We figured that if it had gone slightly different that I could have phased him before his turn. It was pretty sick. In the end I phased him on turn Three. He took the Force Pylons and with no grenades on most of the Tyranid units I was severely hampered in my movement.

I'm hoping to have some pictures tomorrow of the current force. We shall see.

Until next time.

Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment