Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm no Picasso

But hopefully this is better than finger paints. I sat down this morning and decided to try and get the warriors I started done. They are basically the test figures for the army and I wanted to see how the washes and different techniques looked when done with my hands, instead of someone on the internet.


Here they are in all their glory.



I'm thinking that the paint scheme will be easily reproducible and capable of being applied in batch scale. There are differences in the two warriors and that was somewhat intentional. I want to have a little differentiation among the units. When I was painting the warrior with the feathering on the back it was only really a test. I had planned to touch up the plates with another coat of black but once I'd finished I liked the way it looked and kept it. I'll likely do a few in each unit that way to break up the mass of blue and purple. Here is a shot of the scheme on the head crest.

If you can't tell I'm really big on the washes. When they first came out I thought they were better than sliced bread. I never have liked painting. I get board really quickly and frustrated when something begins to take too long. I've found that at some point I need to just start calling it quits or I could spend weeks on details for a model. I really hit this when I painted up the Falcon for my Eldar army. It was like it was never going to end. Batch painting is one thing. You can see the goal in the end. Details can just kill me. I've had to tell myself that at a certain point it's done and there won't be perfection. I'm just not that good of a painter yet. Couple this with the timeline that I'm trying to finish in and the washes are a god send.

This should be the first steps to a completed force org chart and a free battle box.

Until Next time.


Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment